Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Splish Splash

Have you ever been tubing or water skiing? If yes, you know how much fun it is and if you have not, it's now time to put on your swim wear and a life vest and go. It's soo much FUN!!!


Jen, Darren, Fergus and I went on a small camping trip 2 weeks ago and since Darren's parents own a boat we used the chance a spend all day on the Cowichan Lake tubing, water skiing and drinking beer. It was Saturday 9:30am and I was the first one to go tubing, because I have never been tubing before I was super excited and so it didn't matter that the lake was a little cold. It didn't take long and I fell off the tub into the water. Boy, that's so much fun. Imagine a stone skipping over the water, that's what you do if you fall off the tube, you skip once and twice and maybe another time before you actually land in the water. So much fun, again again please!!! I went couple of times until I hit my head while skipping over the water, that was a sign to allow some body else to go next. So it was Jen's turn. And just watching her hanging on to the tube and falling off, is so cool.



Me on the tube before the boat started dragging me around.

Me on the tube while the boat dragged me around.

Me falling off the tube.

Later on that day I got the chance to water ski too. I was quite nervous, since I have been told that it is not that easy to get up and ski. But Darren gave me the instructions:

  1. Go into the water and put the skis on, put the ski tips out of the water.
  2. Then we will tighten the rope, by moving the boat a bit.

  3. When you're ready say “HIT IT”

  4. Stay kneed until your skis are parallel to the water.

  5. Then slowly get up.

Okay, does not sound that hard. Let's see:

Skis are on! So far, so good.

HIT IT!

Somewhat kneeing...


Standing!!! Yeah!!!
(Ups, I got too excited about standing, that I right away fell into the water...)


I went water skiing couple of times and every time I got up I had the feeling I got better and better and I actually managed to stay on the skis for a while, before I fell into the water again. For sure I want to go water skiing and tubing again, it's really fun.


Fergus was the last one, who got to tube that day, since he is a though guy, Darren had his problems to make him fall off the tube and while taking a turn, he created a huge wave that swamped Jen and me in the boat, and somehow knocked out the electricity of the boat. So we're sitting in the middle of the lake, with no eletricity and no real paddles, well we could have used the water skis to paddle back to the shore, but it could have been worst, we could not have had beer :-) So everybody, including me, had a beer and we were waitng for the next boat to stop by in hope to get towed. Luckilywe didn't have to wait long.

The whole trip was awesome and I really like to go again. Next time with a new bikini and/or board shorts, since my bikini is a little too big and almost falls off when I fell into the water. What am I talking it did fall off...

More picture of the trip are posted soon on my web page.

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pics are great!! Lol, good job, gal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home