Monday, July 24, 2006

A Day of Doing Almost Nothing

The weather in Victoria is just awesome lately and so it is hard to stay home on a weekend. That's why Jen, Rach, Raj and I pack our stuff on Saturday and went for one day camping to the Koksilah River Provincial Park, the park itself is fairly small, but super nice and only has 15 rustic campsites. Surprisingly when we arrived there on Saturday noon, there were only 3 campsites occupied. Nice, so we quickly build up our tent and went to Shawnigan Lake, where we hang out all afternoon doing nothing but lying around, sleeping, reading, taking and a bit of swimming. I don't even remember when I had my last afternoon nap but that day I had two naps in one afternoon. Just great!!! Later on in the evening we went back to the campsite, sat at the river with some wine and since it was still super warm we went for a nice swim.


I guess it is needless to say that we went for another, refreshing swim in the morning, before having breakfast. The water in the river was so clear and just nice. It was a short but super relaxing camping trip and somehow getting out of town and relaxing a bit makes me more productive. Can't wait for the next trip.


Some picture are online!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home