Saturday, September 02, 2006

First Days in Van

So now I am in Van, I arrived here late Thursday night. After dropping of my desk, bed and some other big stuff, I only unloaded the necessary thing like a blanket from my car and went straight to bed. My first night in a new home and I didn't dream anything, too bad, since the dream would have become true, but maybe I can just make up some nice story. Friday morning I finally unloaded my car, which took me forever, since I had to take each box separately. And for whatever reason I wasn't thinking when I was packing and put all the heavy stuff in one single box. I managed to unpack some of my clothes and set up my desk and computer, there are still a bunch of boxes in my room, but I don't have a closet yet, no not true I got the closet from IKEA, but it's still in boxes in the living room. Flo is coming over tonight, since he is flying back to Germany from Vancouver tomorrow and he volunteered to assemble my closet. (He does not know yet that there is a bookshelf waiting for him as well :-S ) So by tomorrow there should be no boxes in my room anymore. Besides of that what else.

Well a pleasant surprise was that my room – the walk-in closet – is actually bigger that I remembered it and I believe once it's all decorated it will be very nice. It's super bright in here too, since one of my walls is window only. The patio is super large and sunny and apparently we're having a BBQ next weekend. Oh and my roomie Alastair already managed to scare the hell out of me twice in two days, it's almost like he got consulted by my old roomies, who were pretty good in scaring me as well.


Oh the cutest thing in this apartment building are the old Chinese folks that practise Tai Chi in the inner courtyard in the morning. So cute.


Then I went to the grocery store that we have in the house, it's an Asian grocery store and I don't know 90% of the stuff they are selling there. So I only got the basic stuff like milk and bread and some cheese and the next thing I will have to get is an Asian cookbook, so I can actually buy stuff there and know what to do with it or how to cook it.


As in every move you forget to pack certain things and so this morning I am just about making my daily coffee latte, the espresso is done and the milk is hot as well, but I couldn't find my milk foamer, well guess what it's still on the counter in Victoria. So my first coffee here, was without foamed milk, which is not the same. So I went an got a new milk foamer and afternoon coffee was way better :-) I guess Jen will be super happy when she finds out what I forgot.


I think that's all for today and I will check out our gym now. It's just across the hall.


Update: Sat: 8:18pm, I am back from the gym, it's a small one, but does it's purpose, anyways I forgot to mention that we have a real shower, you know you that you can take in you hand and move around, just great :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home