Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Shovel Goes Its Way

It has been almost 2 month now that my brother is in Sudan. He is working there as a civil engineer on a project at the Nil. I actually can't tell you what he is really doing there, since every time I try to call him either he can't her me or I can hear him due to the back phone connection. Anyways, to make sure he is not getting bored there, my sister and I gave him a nice colourful little sandbox toy kit for Xmas, so he can play in the sand, since there is more than enough sand in Sudan. It included a bucket, a shovel and several little other forms and I gotta admit it is not easy to find a good set of sandbox toys in December, since it is not really sandbox playing season. However, we found one and I still think it was an awesome idea. However, he first refused to take it along with him and pretended that he hasn't enough space in his suite case. All excuses! He could have left some sweaters here, he does not need them there, it's way too hot anyways. But never the less, I assume my sister and I nagged him so much that he agreed to take the shovel along. Till today I was never sure whether he actually took it with him or not, but then I just got an email with a bunch of picture and see what. The shovel had gone all the way from Germany to Sudan. And it seems that it has been a nice companion on his travel. The shovel even got to ride the camel together with my brother and it got to see some pyramids. I think that's awesome that this little shovel after all gets appreciated. And with this happy feeling I am now off to bed... Dreaming from nice other places the shovel could go.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey X-tina,

I just saw the shovel pictures. They are awesome. I bet your brother had tremendous fun shooting these pictures . I liked the camel ride picture most. Is sooooo coool. Great idea of you to give him the sandbox toolkit for X-mas.

Martin

 
At March 05, 2006 8:57 PM, Blogger Linse said...

Yeah, the camel ride picture is the best. It's going on my pinboard :-) And don't I always have great ideas? Hmm, maybe sometimes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home