Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rock, Paper, Scissors

I am opening this as a discussion. Last night while having drinks and wings and drinks Jen and I played Rock, Paper, Scissors. Don’t remember why. Anyways, Jen chose a rock and I chose a fountain. Since the rock falls into the fountain I would have won, but Jen said there is no fountain in Rock, Paper, Scissors. So the question is is there a fountain in Rock, Paper, Scissors or not?


BTW if you ever play with Jen, you should know she always chooses the rock. Hmmm knowing this I wonder why I still lost 1:2. *head scratching*

4 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as far as I remember there is a fountain in the game and even more important yes the rock falls into the fountain and gets lost.

Best regards,

MK

 
At April 02, 2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Linse said...

Thanks Martin for the confirmation! So far Jen and I found out that it must be a German thing, since the fountain is mentioned on the German Wikipedia site (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schere,_Stein,_Papier) but not on any English web site. However since non of us remembers why we played the game, I guess it does not matter that much anymore, just have to remember not to use the fountain next time, since everybody, who is not German, will just laugh at me. Well actually they laugh anyways...

 
At April 13, 2006 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the fountain from Ger, too. But after all, it mixes up the probabilities of whole game. As a rock AND scissors are falling in, the fountain is pretty POWERFULL *yeah*.

I even heard about stuff like fire and rain (don't know, what a fountain does to rain...becoming bigger?)...

 
At April 13, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Linse said...

Uhhh, fire and rain. Jen you see, there are endless possibilities :-)

So maybe the German version(s) are more fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home