Sunday, March 19, 2006

St. Patrick's Day

Last Friday was St. Patrick's Day, an Irish holiday, and it seems that every inhabitant of Victoria has at least a drop of Irish in his/her blood, since the local Irish Pub was already packed at 11am. No don't worry I was not on of the people that was standing in line at 11am to get one of these delicious green beers. I was at work sitting in my office (without windows) talking to an half Irish construction guy, who was complaining that I didn't wear any green. Yes even as German you should wear green on an Irish holiday. In order to get not even more into trouble I decided to wear green at night for our Nyumba Rafiki St. Patty's Day Party. So I had a look into my closet and all green I could find was a thick sweater and some underwear, well I was going to party, so who is wearing a sweater? Not me! However, my guests were complaining that I wasn't wearing enough green and as punishment they sprayed my hair green. I must say that was hot! Well there is not much more to say about the night except that it was a fun party with friends, a great crutch-chair-rowing competition and maybe a little to many green Jello Shots :-)

Some picture are posted at linse.tk.

2 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Florian said...

And the jello-shots went so well with the White Russians...jummy! And where is the pic of your green hairs??

 
At March 20, 2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Linse said...

Oh yeah they did go well with the White Russians :-) And the green hair, sorry I couldn’t post a pic of that; it was sooo hot that if I would post a pic of it, I would have 100 stockers following me around all day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home