Sunday, March 26, 2006

Five Alarm Funk

Five Alarm Funk is a 12 piece afro-funk band from Vancouver, which I have meanwhile seen four times. The last time was last Friday, they were playing at Steamer, a pub here in Victoria. You have to know that Steamers stage is actually not that big, but somehow they managed to fit all 12 of them on stage plus instruments. Anyhow, since I already knew that they are great I convinced a bunch of people to go to the concert. I knew it was getting pretty packed so we went to Steamers quite early and got us a table at the end of the room just beside a ledge. This ledge turned out to be great, because we actually could stand on it and dance and see the band perfectly. Even Jen with her broken ankle was rocking to the music, which was highly appreciated from the band. On our way out four of the band members came up to us and thanked her for coming to the show. “That’s dedication” is what Tayo, the drummer, said :-) The whole evening was a blast (great music, great people, lots of dancing and fun and all without any alcohol at least for me, since I was driving :-) ) I can’t wait to see their next show and till then I will just listen to they CD (like I am doing right now).

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just on-lne seeing what people think of the band (i'm the bassist neil) thanks for the kind words. can't wait to get back to vic, always such a wonderful crowd. cheers!

 
At May 24, 2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Linse said...

Hi Neil,

thanks for stopping by and leaving a message :-) Hope you guys will soon play in Vic again. I really like the music and it's now always playing in my car.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home