Friday, April 07, 2006

Tetherball

Uhhh I am soo excited. I just bought a Tetherball at ebay. Okay for everybody who does not know what Tetherball is. It’s a game that here in North American is quite popular if you are a kid. So a ball similar to a volleyball is tied to a ten-foot, vertical pole by a slender rope. Two players, each confined to one half of the area surrounding the pole, try to hit the ball repeatedly in one direction so that the rope wraps completely around the pole. Whoever managed to have the whole rope rapped around the pole first wins. Sounds great, doesn’t it?!!! I saw it the first time in the movie Napolion Dinamite and I thought they made the game up since it looks quite ridiculous, but I guess I was wrong. Anyways, since then I was thinking about getting on of this balls and play the game. Just to know how it’s like. Yesterday my roomie Mike and I were talking about it and he said he is organizing a pole if I get the ball. So I just bought a ball and a pump at ebay and can’t wait till it gets here and we have the first Tetherball competition in our backyard. I will report more once the ball is there and the pole is up.

Yeah Tetherball...

3 Comments:

At April 08, 2006 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you are going Napolean's way!! Hey, maybe we should have a video of u playing, what do u think :)

See, I finally got to reading the blog ...haha! Martin is the catalyst :)

 
At April 08, 2006 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi H***o,

just to make sure you know who wrote the first comment. It is my guest. Think you know who it is. He was terribly excited to read your blog. I could not stop him. He had to do it first thing in the morning. ;-)

Cheers

Bernd Schneider

 
At April 08, 2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Linse said...

I am sure there will be pictures once the ball and pole are set up :-) And if I am in a good mood I will make a movie as well, but I gotta practise first, since I am a bloody beginner.

I hope the two of you have a great weekend in Hamburg!

H***O Hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home