Thursday, April 27, 2006

10k Race Training Diary

Thursday April 27, 2006, 6:25am Elk Lake parking lot, ready... GO...

1k: Why am I doing this?
2k: Why am I not in bed sleeping? S*** the battery of my mp3 player just died. No more music… arrr
3k: I could just turn around and only run 6k. My shin hurts...
4k: Should I turn around, 8k does not sound as bad as 10k? Should I? Hmmm , if I run further there is no way back, I have to run the whole 10k… But no, I can do it!
5k: Yeah half way though, wonder what the time it is. My shin does not hurt anymore, yeah.
6k: Hey I am not as tired as I was last time, cool…
7k: I still have energy, strange… hmm I mean great yeah…
8k: Only 2 more left and I am still not breaking down, yeah I can do it… even a little faster… Oh no the hill… ahhh… I can do it, yeah yeah
9k: That’s great. Come on push it, run a little faster. Go girl Go.
10k: Christina you are awesome, 10k all by yourself without giving up, but now I am tired. Uhhh what’s the time 7:30am, not too bad after only 5,5 hours of sleep.

BTW I feel great now and maybe on Sunday at the race I can push it even a little more… We’ll see. I'll keep you updated.

3 Comments:

At April 30, 2006 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and what are dreaming of at night? ;o)

Just kidding! Congratulations from my side. I am sure you will run a remarkable race.

GO TINA GO

 
At April 30, 2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Florian said...

We did it!!!! Yeah!!! And the best thing (and congrats for that!!) Tina was so fast, that I won my bet and get one of her famous cheesecakes!!
Ole ole ole!!!

 
At May 01, 2006 12:34 AM, Blogger Linse said...

@Martin:
Indeed, the race is was, as you would say, remarkable and marvelous :-)

@Flo:
Yep, you won! I ran the 10k under an hour and don't worry you will get your cake.

And I will go to bed now and think about how I still could get the dinner that I would have gotten if I would have been 42sec slower :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home