Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Five Star Dinner a la Flo

Couple of weeks ago I convinced Flo to cook for me. And let me say that it was not easy to convince him, took me about an hour, but due to my good argumentation skills or should I say Being-Very-Annoying-Skills, he finally agreed to cook for me. Now we only had to decide what we wanted to eat, or what he wants to cook. Well we had the best idea ever. German Food. Yumm yumm I didn’t have German food since ever (ever meaning xmas when my mom cooked for me). Flo then suggested to cook “Semmelknödel mit Rahmschwammerln”. Yep, I had the same look on me face as you have now, because I didn’t know what Rahmschwammerln are either, some Bavarian dish, but Flo was so kind to translate it so that me, the Prussian who does not understand Bavarian dialect at all, knows what’s on the menu. So “Semmelknödel mit Rahmschwammerln” are dumplings with a cream-mushroom source. Wonder why he didn’t say that right away. But didn’t matter that sounded awesome! And since I didn’t want to be the lazy bum, who watches Flo cooking, I agreed to take care of the dessert and to bake a cheesecake.

Sunday night should be the Happy German Dinner Day. But such a rich dinner needs to be earned, which is why we decided to train for our 10k race, which btw is next Sunday ahhhhhhh, before dinner. I have to tell you 10k isn’t that easy and I guess if Flo wouldn’t have been there I would have given up after 2km, but I managed to survive and ran all the way, yeah. After that we quickly went groceries shopping and cooked. Meanwhile it was already past 9pm, so that the planned dinner became a midnight snack, but one you only can dream of. Thanks to the master chef Flo!!! After eating the dumplings, we were so stuffed that there was no space for the cheesecake anymore, but eating the cake the next day was just as good. (More photos of this fun and super yummy evenning, are posed on my web page)

Now I am just wondering how long I will have to wait before I can convince him to cook for me again…

2 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Florian said...

Let's say next week?

 
At May 03, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Linse said...

Next week sounds awesome :-) Yumm Yumm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home